Release Manual v.9.6.x
For upgrade instructions, refer to Upgrade XL Deploy.
XL Deploy 9.6.0 is a short-term support (STS) version that will be supported until it is superseded by the next STS or long-term support (LTS) version.For more information, refer to Short-term support/Long-term support policy.
The XL Deploy user interface has a toggle button that can be turned off to edit the permissions of a role on a child directory.
For more information, see Set up roles and permissions.
The XL Deploy frontend uses endpoints protected with CSRF . For more information, see HTTP CSRF Protection.
XL UP can now update deployments to a newer version. XL UP will automatically detect during the setup if you have an existing instance of the XebiaLabs DevOps Platform, and will ask if you want to update it. You will then be asked if you want to change any parameters, or use a custom version.
For more information, see Updating a deployment for XL Deploy.
--rolling-updates flag allows you to update XL Deploy and XL Release using XL UP without first undeploying them from the environment. Rolling updates allow you to update the systems without any downtime, and without undeploying and redeploying the instances.
For more information see rolling updates
XL UP can now deploy to the following environments:
- Azure AKS
For more information, see XL UP supported platforms and requirements
When a deployment is finished, the user is asked if they want their config file to be updated. If they reply yes, the
.xebialabs/config.yaml file that the CLI uses to interact with will be updated with the username, password, and URL that you entered during the setup. If they reply no, the file will not be changed and you will need to manually update the config file if you want to use the XL CLI with the new deployment.
The documentation for Docker installations was improved with new topics and samples describing how to configure single node and multi-node images, Dockerfile customization, and managing volumes. For more information, see Docker installation.
If you have hotfixes installed, contact the XebiaLabs support team before upgrading.
- [DEPL-14185] - Optimize inefficient SQL queries for GET deployment/dictionary
- [DEPL-15481] - Implement toggle switch on Local Permissions to choose between parent-inherited permissions and user-set ones
- [DEPL-15489] - Allow to import React component from xl ui plugin.
- [DEPL-15498] - Improve performance of deployments in 9.x that involve placeholder replacements
- [DEPL-15504] - Remove Derby/H2 as default production install options
- [DEPL-15494] - Environments awareness page does not show patch dictionaries
- [DEPL-15574] - Placeholder performance improvements
- [DEPL-15697] - Create new Jenkins job for xl-platform
- [DEPL-15234] - When reading a configuration item (REST API for an example), the encrypted values generate a new ciphertext.
- [DEPL-15381] - Improve error message when the external worker has no external JMS configuration
- [DEPL-15422] - Custom deployable that is defined separately from deployed cannot be exported from XLD
- [DEPL-15424] - Username error when logging in to XL Deploy 9.5.0
- [DEPL-15425] - Update patch button being unexpectedly disabled when removing values of objects from the patch window
- [DEPL-15427] - Path error when trying to add objects at the top level
- [DEPL-15431] - Fixed handling of whitespaces in XL Deploy path
- [DEPL-15492] - jar files in an archive are modified if a file in the same archive had placeholder replacement
- [DEPL-15518] - The zipexception message: Unexpected record signature: 0X21726152 appears in the log
- [DEPL-15533] - API call to shutdown XL Deploy can not stop service
- [DEPL-15537] - Unnecessary stacktraces in logs caused by ActiveTasks
- [DEPL-15578] - Deploying a Zip Makes It Unreadable on the Target Host
- [DEPL-15606] - Close the FileOutputStream for Digest-Only entry to enable cleanup
- [DEPL-15627] - File encoding is lost when placeholders are replaced
- [DEPL-15655] - Can’t login after upgrade from 9.0.3 to 9.5.1 when DB is MySQL
- [DEPL-15664] - Creating primary key sequence doesn’t work always on Oracle 12c
- [DEPL-15670] - JSON object, [“credentialsPropertyMapping”] is not a JSON object
- [DEPL-15674] - Unable to start XL-deploy with Postgresql
- [DEPL-15739] - RESTEASY003880 exception in taskBlockService.query()
- [DEPL-15749] - XL Deploy Upgrade(8.5 to 9.6) exits with error on Windows using “automated file copy”
- [DEPL-15753] - uninstall-jcr-to-sql-migrator.sh(and .cmd) removes necessary jar for XLD
- [DEPL-15759] - Starting local worker in Ubuntu 18.4 doesn’t recognize worker number
- [DEPL-15769] - Display of parent permission when toggle is switched
- [DEPL-15777] - Export report throws error for Control Tasks and does nothing for Deployment Tasks
- [DEPL-15781] - Leftover temp files when replacing placeholders
- [DEPL-15783] - No Data Available for “View previous Deployments” in Environments
- [DEPL-15806] - JCR Migrator for XL Deploy 9.0.6 doesn’t work correctly if migrating from Derby DB
- [DEPL-15816] - Fix migrator for migration from XL Deploy 7.5 to 9.5
- [DEPL-15818] - XL Deploy becomes unresponsive after clicking on Deployment tasks
- [DEPL-15819] - “Error while fetching report” apears on Reporting page because of “SQLServerException: The ORDER BY clause is invalid in views”
- [XLINT-1187] - Netscaler plugin breaks undeploy
- [DEPL-16098] - Allow to configure database connection timeout
- [DEPL-16128] - New icon colors, updated logo and colour changes
- [DEPL-15931] - Add ReportService to the ServiceHolder
- [DEPL-15496] - Powershell extension getting null pointer exception on satellite
- [DEPL-15675] - Duplicated artifacts in the work directory
- [DEPL-15853] - Some Jenkins-triggered-deployments not executed due to deadlock
- [DEPL-15932] - Cannot import dar package if manifest doesn’t specify checksum for artifact
- [DEPL-15997] - Password under maven flag in xl-deploy.conf encryption
- [DEPL-16021] - XL Deploy fails when using Atlassian Crowd integration
- [DEPL-16097] - Fix “Licence is invalid” error on load
- [DEPL-16125] - OpenJDK issues with executing XLD CLI commands