Change a task's type
Important: To change the type of a task in a template, you need the Edit Template permission on the template. To change the type of a task in a release, you need the Edit Task permission on the release.
You can change the type of a task in:
- A template
- A planned release that has not started yet
- An active release, if the task that you want to change has not started yet
For information, see Types of tasks in Release.
To change a task’s type:
- Open the template or release in the release flow editor.
- Hover over the task you want to change, click .
- In the menu, hover over Change type.
Select a task type.
Release will copy the values of properties that are shared between the task’s previous type and the type that you selected.
- You cannot change the type of an active, completed, failed, or skipped task.
- You can change a task to a parallel or sequential group, but you can not change a parallel or sequential group to a different type of task.