Vault Connection Plugin
The HashiCorp Vault plugin is used to retrieve secrets from a HashiCorp Vault server. This plugin allows you to store secrets with an external provider and retrieve them at runtime during the release execution.
Important: You must set up a connection to Vault server before external secrets can be configured.
The plugin requires the following:
- An instance of a Vault server running on your local network.
- An API Token allowing you to log into a Vault server and retrieve secrets.
- An optional namespace value if you have an enterprise edition of the Vault server.
To set up a connection to a HashiCorp Vault Server:
- In the navigation bar, click Settings.
- Click Shared configuration.
- Click the + icon next to the Vault Server.
- Enter the following details:
- In the Title field, enter a name for the configuration.
- In the URL field, enter the address of the server as follows: http(s)://address:port.
- In the API Token field, enter the token that is used to log into the vault server.
- To test the connection, click Test.
- To save the configuration, click Save.
After the server connection is set up, you can map vault secrets to internal XLR variables.