The Digital.ai Deploy plugin manager displays the list of installed plugins on the filesystem or database and their current version. You can manage your Digital.ai Deploy plugins directly from the Digital.ai Deploy user interface. You can upload a new plugin or update a new version of an installed plugin directly from the Digital.ai Deploy plugin manager user interface..
To use the plugin manager, click Plugins in the side navigation bar. The Plugins tab is accessible only to the Admin user.
You can view a list of all the installed plugins in Digital.ai Deploy under the Installed tab.
Important: As of Digital.ai Deploy 10.2.0, the plugin manager is available in cluster mode.
To view and install the official Digital.ai Deploy plugins, do the following steps:
- In the side navigation bar, click Plugins and then click on Browse tab.
- Click Install now on the respective plugin that you would like to install. At that point (while install is in process) if you wish to abort the installation process, you can click on Cancel installation.
- If there is a newer version of an already installed plugin available, the button will turn state and show Upgrade to x.x.x.
- You must restart Digital.ai Deploy to finish the plugin installation process.
Important: Plugins which are shown on the Browse tab of the plugin manager are Digital.ai official plugins. Ensure there is network connectivity in order to see all the official Digital.ai Deploy plugins on the Browse tab.
To upload a new plugin or a new version of an existing plugin, do the following steps:
- In the side navigation bar, click Plugins and then click on Installed tab
- Click Upload new plugin file and then select and upload the plugin file from your local machine. Note: It is possible to upload either 3rd party or official plugins (works only with network connectivity to Digital.ai Nexus). There are certain rules with installation of same plugins of different versions. Refer Plugin Synchronization for more information.
Important: After you upload a plugin, you must restart your Digital.ai Deploy instance.
To remove a plugin:
- Shut down the Deploy server.
- You can delete Digital.ai Deploy plugins with the plugin manager command-line interface (CLI) from the database or filesystem. Refer Plugin Manager CLI for more information.
Start the Deploy server. Depending on your system, execute one of the following:
- Unix-based system:
- Microsoft Windows:
- Unix-based system:
- Refresh the Deploy GUI in your browser.
If the Digital.ai Deploy server uses a proxy to connect to the internet, the plugin manager cannot install a plugin from the GUI. The plugin manager must access the
https://plugins.xebialabs.com/nexus/ URL to fetch the plugins.
To configure the proxy settings for the plugin manager, add the below configuration to the
deploy: plugins: repositories: ... servers: - name: xebialabs-internal ... proxy: host: proxy.example.com port: 8888
Limited plugin management is available through command-line interface integrated into the server. Refer Plugin Manager CLI for more information.
Plugins are stored in the database and users should be handling them only by using the GUI and CLI.
WARNING: All manual file operations (copying, renaming, moving, removing, etc.) inside the plugins folder is strictly not allowed
For more information, see Plugin synchronization