Using the View As feature
The Deploy View As feature allows you, as an
Admin user, to view Deploy and navigate through the UI as a specific user or role. This allows you to see the permissions for a user or view and find CIs from another user perspective. You can use this information to decide if a user’s environment needs to be modified, add or remove permissions, or adjust what a user or role can view in a CI tree.
To view Deploy as an existing LDAP user, add this setting in the
<bean id="userDetailsService" class="org.springframework.security.ldap.userdetails.LdapUserDetailsService"> <constructor-arg index="0" ref="userSearch"/> <constructor-arg index="1" ref="authoritiesPopulator"/> </bean>
To view Deploy from a different user perspective:
- Click the gear icon menu in the top right corner and select View As.
- Select one of the two options: View as user or View as roles.
- Select a user name from the list or specify a role name in the text field.
- Click Change view.
The Deploy view is filtered by the read permissions of the selected user or role. When you are in the View As mode, you still have admin permissions.
- If you want to view Deploy as an existing LDAP user, the LDAP user will not be listed for autocompletion in the drop down list.
- If you try to view as another SSO user, a message will inform you that the user could not be found because roles cannot be queried for other SSO users.