Release has a role-based security system with two types of users:
- Internal users: that are created by a Release administrator and managed by Release.
- External users: that are maintained in an LDAP repository such as Active Directory.
After you configure LDAP security, external users can log in, at which point they are stored in Release as external users.
Important: The Users page is only available to users who have the Admin or Edit Security global permission.
To view and edit Release users: In the top navigation bar, select User management > Users.
To create an internal user:
- Click New user. The User dialog appears.
- In the Username field, enter the name that the user will use when logging in.
- In the Name field, enter the user’s full name, as it should appear in overviews and tasks.
- Enter a password for the user in the Set password and Confirm password fields.
- Click Save.
To change the user name, name, email address, or password of an internal user, click the user’s name on the Users page.
You cannot change the properties of external users from the Release interface because they are maintained in LDAP.
To change password strength requirements please refer to Password strength requirements.
You can disable a user by clearing the Enabled checkbox on the Users page. Disabled users cannot log in to Release.