Add a task to a phase in a release or template
In Release, the activities in a template or release are modeled as tasks, which are logically grouped in phases. To add a task to a phase in a template or release, use the release flow editor.
To add a task to a phase:
- In the template or release, select Release flow from the Show menu.
- Click Add task at the bottom of the phase.
- Click the task title to change it.
- Select the task type.
- Click Add to create the task and add it to the phase.
- Optionally move the task by dragging it to the desired position. You can also drag the task to another phase.
- Click the task to edit its details.
In a task:
- If the release is active, an orange triangle indicates that the task is currently active in the release.
- If the task is manual, the user or group the task is assigned to are displayed at the lower left. If the task is automated, the type of script appears at the lower left. Example: Webhook: JSON webhook.
At the upper right, you can see:
- An icon that indicates the task type
- The current state of the task (if the release is active)
- An alert icon, if action is needed
- If a date is set, the task due date displays at the lower right.
- A Parallel Group is a container for tasks that are executed simultaneously. The Parallel Group task finishes when all of its children are complete.
- A Sequential Group is a container for tasks that are executed in sequence. The Sequential Group task finishes when its last child is complete.
To add a task to a task group, click Add task at the bottom of the group. To move a task into a task group, drag and drop it. To collapse or expand a task group, click its arrow.
To copy a task, click the button in the upper right corner of the task. Note: You cannot copy tasks that are completed.
To delete a task, click the button in the upper right corner of the task. Note: In an active release, you can only remove tasks that are planned, not in progress.