Licensing the Release Product
In Digital.ai Release there are two main types of licenses: a 30 day Trial Edition license, and a new bundle license(v4) Essentials, Pro, and Premium Edition. If you have opted for a new bundle license(v4) Essentials, Pro, and Premium Edition license of Digital.ai Release, you can download your license file from the Deploy/Release Software Distribution site. This site requires any one of the Essentials, Pro, and Premium customer logins. If you have a Trial Edition of Digital.ai Release, you will receive a license key by email when you register to download a trial.
V4 is current supported license for Digital.ai Release. To check the version of a license
xl-release/conf/xl-release-license.lic file, open it in a text editor.
For older license types that are no longer supported (V1, V2, and V3), contact Digital.ai support.
Note: If you have an account, log in to the Deploy/Release Software Distribution site to view your current licenses. You can also find this information in the README file located with your licenses on the Deploy/Release Software Distribution site.
Details on installing your license is provided in the installation instructions for the Trial Edition or v4 Edition.
Digital.ai Release checks the validity of your license when you start the Release server and periodically while the server is running. The server will not start if a valid license is not installed.
If Digital.ai Release finds a license violation while the server is running, the server will not stop and some requests will be denied. For example:
- If the license usage time has expired, the server will deny all requests.
- If you have the Admin global permission, a license expiration warning message will be displayed 10 days before your Digital.ai Release license will expire. You can change this setting in your
xl-release/conf/xl-release-license.licfile by editing the days Before Warning value in the license section.
- When the license expires, you will be redirected to the License Installation/Renewal page. You will be able to access the login page only after you install or renew the license. The license file is not synchronized automatically on all the nodes. You must update the license file on all the nodes.
Note: If you have updated the license file using the Release interface, the license file would be updated only on the node that is serving the request. Other nodes would continue to have the old license file.
To renew a new bundle license(v4) Essentials, Pro, and Premium Edition or extend a trial license, contact XebiaLabs. Once you obtain a new license, you can add it to Digital.ai Release using the UI or the command line.
- Ensure you have admin global permissions.
- Login to Digital.ai Release.
- In the top right corner, click .
- Click Renew license.
- Enter the new license key in the box.
- Click Install license.
- Go to the Deploy/Release Software Distribution site and download the new license file.
- Go to the
XL_RELEASE_SERVER_HOME/confdirectory and replace the
xl-release-license.licfile with the new file.
- Starting from Digital.ai Release 22.1, you no longer have to do a node-by-node license renewal for the nodes on a Release cluster.
- The Digital.ai Release license, when installed on one of the Release nodes in a cluster, is automatically applied to all the other nodes in the cluster.
- If the cluster nodes already have licenses on the disk, the license of the node last joining the cluster will be the applied to all the nodes in the cluster.
Warning: If the last node joining the cluster has an old expired license, all the nodes of the cluster will inherit the expired license. To ensure the right license is applied, please update the license using the UI when all nodes are running or make sure all outdated licenses are previously removed from the filesystem before starting the nodes.