The Release SVN trigger periodically polls a Subversion repository and triggers a release when it detects a new commit.
To set up an SVN repository:
- In Release, from the navigation pane, go to Configuration> Connections.
- Next to Svn: Repository, click +.
- In the Title box, type the name of the repository.
- In the URL box, type the server address.
- In the Username and Password boxes, type the server log-in user ID and password.
- Click Save to save the repository.
To create an SVN trigger:
- Add a trigger to the template, as described in Create a release trigger.
- In the Svn Repository box, type the SVN repository to poll.
- In the Branch box, optionally enter the branch that the trigger should watch; this will be concatenated to the SVN repository URL.
- In the Username and Password boxes, type the log-in user ID and password to use to connect to the repository. You can leave these fields blank if authentication is not required.
- Save the trigger.
The output of the SVN trigger is a Commit ID, which corresponds to the ID of the new commit.
The Triggers management page displays an actionable list of all triggers that you have permissions to view and manage, and provides the entry point for creating new triggers. For details, see Triggers.