Licensing the Deploy Product
In Deploy there are two main types of licenses: a 30 day Trial Edition license, and an Enterprise Edition. If you have an Enterprise Edition of Deploy, you can download your license file from the Deploy/Release Software Distribution site. This site requires enterprise customer login. If you have a Trial Edition of Deploy, you will receive a license key by email when you register to download a trial.
V4 is current supported license version for Deploy. To check the version of a license (
.lic) file, open it in a text editor.
For older license versions that are no longer supported contact the Digital.ai Support Team.
Note: If you have an enterprise account, log in to the Deploy/Release Software Distribution site to view your current licenses. You can also find this information in the
README file located with your licenses on the Deploy/Release Software Distribution site.
Details on installing your license is provided in the installation instructions for the Trial Edition or Enterprise Edition.
Deploy checks the validity of your license when you start the Deploy server and periodically while the server is running. The server will not start if a valid license is not installed.
If Deploy finds a license violation while the server is running, the server will not stop and some requests will be denied. For example:
- If the license usage time has expired, the server will deny all requests.
- If the license limits the number of configuration items (CIs) that you can create, and that limit has been reached for a CI type, the server will not allow you to create new CIs of that type.
If you have the Admin global permission, a license expiration warning message will be displayed 10 days before your Deploy license will expire. You can change this setting in your
XL_DEPLOY_SERVER_HOME/centralConfiguration/deploy-server.yaml file by editing the
deploy.server.license.days-before-warning value in the
If your license limits the number of CIs that you can create, Deploy validates it as follows:
- You cannot create more instances of a CI type than your license allows. Note: If you delete instances of a CI type, you can create new instances of that type.
- If a CI is a subtype of another type, its supertype, the instances of the subtype CI count toward the limit on the supertype.
- You can create instances of CI types that are not limited by your license.
To renew an Enterprise Edition license or extend a Trial Edition license, contact the Digital.ai Support Team.
To renew your license using a license file that you download from the Deploy/Release Software Distribution site, replace the license file in the
XL_DEPLOY_SERVER_HOME/conf directory with the new file.
To renew your license using a license key:
- Ensure you have admin global permissions.
- Open the Deploy UI.
- In the top right of the screen, click .
- Click Renew license, and enter the new license key in the Product registration page.