Deploy has a role-based security system with two types of users:
- Internal users that are created by a Deploy administrator and managed by Deploy.
- External users that are maintained in an LDAP repository such as Active Directory. For more information, see Connect Deploy to your LDAP or Active Directory
You can assign both internal and external users to roles to which you assign global permissions For more information, see Set up roles and permissions.
Important: The Users page is only available to users who have the Admin or Edit Security global permission.
To view and edit Deploy users, in the top navigation bar, select User management > Users.
Create an internal user
To create an internal user:
- Click New user. The User dialog appears.
- In the Username field, enter the name that the user will use when logging in.
- Enter a password for the user in the Password field.
- Click Save.
Change internal user’s password
To change the password of an internal user, click Edit under Actions on the Users page.
You cannot change the properties of external users from the Deploy interface because they are maintained in LDAP.
Delete a user
To delete a user, click Delete under Actions on the Users page.