Kube Contexts Lookup in Kubernetes Plugin
The Release Kubernetes plugin allows user to connect to different K8s clusters using Kubectl and perform operations. The plugin also allows the user to lookup Kube Contexts from a config file that the user provides and connect to a specific cluster from a list of configs.
- Under Configuration, create a new Kubectl Host. This is similar to a Unix Host which connects to a remote host over SSH and executes commands.
- Now create a new Kubectl Config and select the above created host
- Specify the path of the Kubeconfig file, either in the remote host selected above, or the path of the file in the system where Release runs.
- Click on the lookup icon near the Context field. Release reads the file and displays the available contexts from which user can select from.
- Select the desired context and test and save the connection.
- If no file and context is specified, the default context from the file will be used. The user can also ignore the file and specify fields manually like server api, user authentication details and namespace and connect to a cluster.