This topic describes how to install a trial version of Release.
Before installing Release, ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements. For more information, see Requirements for installing Release.
Obtain the trial software
- Go to
- Enter your details, click Start Free Trial, and download the ZIP file containing the trial software.
- Check your email for a trial license key.
Extract the Release server ZIP file
- Log in to the computer where you want to install Release, create an installation directory such as
C:\Program Files\Release(referred to as
- Copy the Release server ZIP file to the directory.
- Extract the ZIP file in the directory.
Run the server setup wizard
To install the Release server:
- Open a command line prompt or terminal.
Navigate to the
XL_RELEASE_SERVER_HOME/bindirectory, and execute the appropriate command:
Operating system Command Microsoft Windows
- For trial purposes, you can type
yeswhen prompted with
Do you want to use the simple setup?. You can also choose a manual setup. for more information on running a simple or manual setup, see Choose an installation type.
- To stop the setup wizard at any time, type
exitsetup. All changes to the configuration will be discarded.
To start the Release server:
- Open a command prompt or terminal.
- Navigate to the
XL_RELEASE_SERVER_HOME/bindirectory, and execute the appropriate command: | Operating system | Command | | ---------------- | ------- | | Microsoft Windows |
run.cmd| | Unix-based systems |
- When the installation is complete, the installer displays the URL where you can access Release. The default is:
Install the license
You are prompted to paste your license key:
- Check your email for the Release trial license key and copy and paste it in the text box.
- Click Install license.
- If you did not receive a trial license key to your specified email, check your spam folder. If the license key is not in your spam folder, contact Support.
- For licensing information and how to upgrade to an enterprise license, see Release licensing.
Learn more about how to configure and use Release in Get started with Release.