Digital.ai Release 22.3.x Release Notes
Digital.ai Release 22.3.0 includes the following new features:
- Application Deployments Dashboard—a new dashboard to view the live status of deployed applications
- Task Drawer—a new UI for task details
- Progressive delivery with Digital.ai Release—Argo Rollouts integration
- Release Maintenance Mode
- Restart Phase Failure Handler
- Display warning for entity deletion
- Live update of DB credentials
- Pendo for customer insights
- Version upgrades—supported databases
- Operator-based installer changes
- Plugins and integrations
And more bug fixes and enhancements.
The Digital.ai Release upgrade process you use depends on the version from which you are upgrading, and the version to which you want to go.
For upgrade instructions, see:
Here’s what’s new with Digital.ai 22.3.0.
With Digital.ai Release 22.3, you can visualize the live status of the applications deployed in Digital.ai Deploy and Argo CD. A new dashboard is provided to display the live status of the applications.
Live Status of Deployed Applications is a feature in Tech Preview—released in Digital.ai Release 22.3—enabled by default. You can disable this feature from the Feature flags section in System settings.
For more information, see View Live Status of Deployed Applications.
Live Status of Deployed Applications:
- The Task Drawer UI replaces the Task Modal for task details.
- The Task Drawer allows interaction with the release flow while the task details are open, thereby enhancing productivity when interacting with multiple tasks.
- The Task Drawer user interface allows you to organize the details of the task by grouping the associated properties into dedicated sections. With the new user interface, you can deliver more focus as well as faster execution of the most common actions like assigning or executing a task.
- The Task Drawer for is a feature in Tech Preview—released in Digital.ai Release 22.3—enabled by default.
- You can disable this feature from the Feature flags section in System settings.
For more information, see Task Drawer.
Task Drawer View:
The objective is to integrate Digital.ai Release with Argo Rollouts so that you can carry out Blue-Green and Canary deployments of applications using Digital.ai Release and Argo Rollouts.
Digital.ai Release’s Argo Rollouts plugin supports the following roll-out strategies:
Once you have this integration in place, all you would be doing is starting a new release—Canary or Blue-Green—whenever you have a new image to deploy.
ArgoRollouts Blue-Green Deployment Dashboard
ArgoRollouts Canary Deployment Dashboard
For more information, see Progressive Delivery Using Release and Argo Rollouts.
With Digital.ai Release 22.3, you can now launch Release in a special mode called the Maintenance mode. The primary use is to start Release in maintenance mode for post-upgrade smoke testing and clean-up activities.
- You cannot push an already running Release into maintenance mode.
- You can put Release in maintenance mode on JVM-based setup only. It is not available with Operator-based setup.
For more information, see Maintenance Mode.
With Digital.ai Release 22.3, the Restart phase drop-down option is added in Failure Handler to restart the latest version of the current phase.
If the task fails, phase will be restarted based on the latest version of the current phase and release will be automatically resumed.
With Digital.ai Release 22.3, a warning dialog box is displayed to indicate reference templates and releases when deleting shared connections.
With Digital.ai Release 22.3, you can update the database credentials in real time without having to restart the server.
With version 22.3 of Digital.ai, some statistics are sent to Pendo for analysis that helps us proactively conduct health checks and speed up troubleshooting.
Release 22.3 supports the following databases.
|PostgreSQL||13.6 and 14.2|
|MySQL||5.7 and 8.0|
|Oracle||12c and 19c|
|Microsoft SQL Server||2017 and 2019|
|DB2||11.1 and 11.5|
Digital.ai Release 22.3 brings you an all new Operator-based installer to install or upgrade Release on Kubernetes clusters.
Here’s a list of enhancements.
You no longer need:
- to download the Operator-based installer zip file.
- to manually update the cluster resource file—
infrastructure.yaml—or the custom resource definition files—
dairelease_cr. The new installer brings you the installation/upgrade wizard. Installation and upgrade is as simple as running the
xl kube installor
xl kube upgradecommands and answering the questions in the wizard.
- a Digital.ai Deploy instance to install or upgrade Deploy or Release
- to encode the plain text license and repository keystore files to base64 format
- to generate the Java repository keystore. You can have the Java repository keystore generated at the time of installation or upgrade. YOu can also choose to use the existing keystore, if required.
You can install or upgrade Digital.ai Release on the following cloud platforms.
- Amazon EKS
- Azure AKS
- Google Cloud Platform GKE
- OpenShift (on AWS)
- Plain k8s (On-premise minikube—only for testing or demonstration purposes. Not for production environments.)
For more information, see Install or Upgrade Digital.ai Release on Kubernetes.
The XL CLI 22.3.0 has been enhanced as part of the new Operator-based installer. Here’s a list of changes to XL CLI 22.3.0.
xl kubecommand replaces the
- New flags have been added to support the new Operator-based installer.
xl op apply(
xl kube apply) command no longer exists. If you use the
--dry-runflag to generate the files and apply them later to your cluster, use the
xl kube install --ref-installor
xl kube upgrade --ref-upgradecommands.
--keep-filesflag no longer exists. The YAML files generated during the installation or upgrade are, by default, preserved in the filesystem post install or upgrade for future use.
For more information, see XL CLI Command Reference.
- D-22765 - In some terminals (Windows), a new line of the same question is added to the command prompt every time you use the arrow key to select one of the options for a multi-line question (with multiple options to select from) of the installation wizard.
- D-22766 - At the command prompt, users are not able to use the backspace to delete the input when the user input is longer than one line. Users are stuck in the second line of the command prompt.
Here’s what’s new and changed with plugins and integrations.
A new task called Execute Query is introduced. This is used to execute the query and return the output assets according to the status provided in the In Status List and Not In Status List fields.
In Status List:
Not In Status List:
In addition to Basic authentication, a new authentication type called OAuth2 authentication is introduced for the Remote Completion plugin.
The following security vulnerabilities to Jenkins plugin are fixed:
- Checking permission
- Cross-site request forgery
- Server-side request forgery
You will receive a valid error message if you do not have the necessary authorization.
A new task called Query Pipeline status is introduced. This task queries and returns the result when the pipeline reaches any of the following statuses:
In addition, sorting parameters are added to the QueryTags task.
Kubernetes connections are now auto-discovered using the Kubeconfig file. A new connection section is introduced in Digital.ai Release for Kubernetes cluster similar to Kubernetes host.
Enter the Kubeconfig file path in the Local Kubeconfig field and the Context drop-down list will list the clusters from the Kubernetes host to which it’s connected.
Deploy tasks in Digital.ai Release stays in Pending state when you use internal variables. This issue is now fixed.
- D-20546 - Random Jenkins tasks are stuck in the In-progress state when their respective Jenkins jobs are already completed. This issue is now fixed.
- D-20665 - Liquibase error occurs while upgrading Digital.ai Release from 10.0.4 to 22.0.2. This issue is now fixed by adding a
validCheckSumproperty in the 14-a changeset.
- D-22263 - Create Release task fails when the subfolder depth is greater than 4. It is because the
ROOT_RELEASE_IDcolumn is too short to hold the value. This issue is now fixed.
- D-22705 - Random Jenkins tasks are stuck in the In-progress state when their respective Jenkins jobs are already completed. This issue is now fixed.
- D-19049 - The Release name field accepts more than 1024 characters when you create a release. However, when you edit the release name and save the changes. It throws an error and this issue is now fixed.
- D-22810 - An error is thrown when you select the list variables in the User Input task. This issue is now fixed.
- D-22279 - When you upgrade Digital.ai Release from 9.5 to latest, in the Task polling settings the status interval (seconds) of the latest version must have the same value as the polling interval (seconds) set for 9.5 version. However, during upgrade an error message is thrown stating Encountered unknown
xlrelease.PollingSettings.pollingInterval. This issue in now fixed.
- D-22296 - Updating watchers for a current task using Jython Task API fails. This issue is now fixed.
- D-22429 - Template name is not displayed when you filter the source template via the drop-down list on the Dashboard tile. It’s because the template is not displayed in the top one hundred when you list it in alphabetical order. This issue is now fixed by increasing the list size to
- D-22618 - When you set a blank value for the Number variable in the Variable screen, the value is automatically set to 0. However, when you do the same in the Release properties screen, it throws a
400HTTP status code. This issue is now fixed.
- D-23033 - When you enter the license as clear text in the editor and generate the answers file, the Digital.ai Release installation fails. This issue is now fixed.
- D-23041 - When you enter the operator image input with a colon, the Digital.ai Release installation fails. This issue is now fixed.
- D-22905 - Context-sensitive tooltip messages are improved for various permissions in Digital.ai Release.
- D-22969 - Users with Edit Folder Notification permission in the Sub folder and not in the Root folder were unable to access the Notification tab in Sub folders. This issue is now fixed.
- D-22995 - An error is being thrown when upgrading Digital.ai Release using IBM Semeru OpenJDK 11. This issue is now fixed.
- D-23017 - A 401 error is returned by Digital.ai Deploy to Release when executing a Deploy task. It’s because Release is trying to authenticate with the wrong password. This issue is now fixed.
- D-23050 - In the Template or Release properties page, the Run automated tasks as user field must be auto-populated when you enter a text. This issue is now fixed.
- D-23060 - In the Task drawer, the lookup component must call lookup only when you try to autocomplete. This issue is fixed now.
- D-23073 - In the Task drawer, the lookup component is upgraded to support variables.
- D-23074 - In the Task drawer, the
InputMapmust show only the property label and not the property name. This issue is now fixed.
- D-23087 - Fixed an issue that prevented the task drawer from closing when you hide a task.
- D-23094 - When you click Patters > Properties, the pattern name is missing in the title section. This issue is now fixed.
- D-23099 - A new state called needs input is implemented for the Task drawer.
- D-23116 - Fixed an issue with the
onChangeevent to prevent it from getting triggered when the input is readOnly.
- D-23117 - At the folder level, a new folder variable button is displayed even when you do not have the Edit Folder Variable permission. This issue is now fixed.
- D-23024 - When an OIDC user logs out an error is thrown. This issue is now fixed.