XL Deploy has a role-based security system with two types of users:
- Internal users: that are created by an XL Deploy administrator and managed by XL Deploy.
- External users: that are maintained in an LDAP repository such as Active Directory.
After you configure LDAP security, external users can log in, at which point they are stored in XL Release as external users. For more information, see Connect XL Deploy to your LDAP or Active Directory
You can assign both internal and external users to roles to which you assign global permissions For more information, see Set up roles and permissions.
Important: The Users page is only available to users who have the Admin or Edit Security global permission.
To view and edit XL Deploy users, in the top navigation bar, select User management > Users.
To create an internal user:
- Click New user. The User dialog appears.
- In the Username field, enter the name that the user will use when logging in.
- Enter a password for the user in the Password field.
- Click Save.
To change the password of an internal user, click Edit under Actions on the Users page.
You cannot change the properties of external users from the XL Deploy interface because they are maintained in LDAP.
To delete a user, click Delete under Actions on the Users page.