Store proxy servers in XL Deploy
In the Configuration section of the CI Library, you can define one or more sets of proxy servers to be used with source artifacts. To define a proxy server, you must have admin global permissions. You can use the defined proxy servers to provide a hostname, port, protocol, and credentials for a proxied connection to any HTTP URL or maven resource that requires it for fetching the artifact.
To create a proxy server CI:
- In the top bar, click Explorer.
- Hover over Configuration, click , and select New > credentials > ProxyServer. Or you can right-click and select New > credentials > ProxyServer.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the proxy server to use it throughout the system. Note: By using the name defaultProxyServer, you can define a default proxy server CI which is used in future defined source artifacts. For more information, see Default names for CIs in XL Deploy.
- In the Common section, add this information:
- In the Protocol field, enter protocol used by the proxy server.
- In the Hostname and Port fields, enter the address and port to use for the proxy server.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter the credentials you want to use for the proxy server.
- Click Save.
All the source artifacts (example:
file.File) have the option to choose the proxy server you want to use to retrieve the artifact. This option is available in the Common section of the artifact. By default, no proxy servers are selected if there is no defaultProxyServer defined.
If you do not want to use a proxy server or you want to retrieve an artifact from a server that does not require a proxy server, remove the credentials selection from the CI.
Note: When you import a package from a URL, you can select a set of proxy servers to use.