This topic describes how to install a trial version of XL Release. There are two methods to install XL Release as a trial:
Before installing XL Release, ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements. For more information, see Requirements for installing XL Release.
This procedure installs XL Release as a server with default settings.
To install XL Release using the GUI:
- Go to https://xebialabs.com/products/xl-release/trial/.
- Enter your details and click Go!. A trial license key will be sent to your specified email address.
- Depending on your system, click Mac download or Windows Download. GUI installers are available for Microsoft Windows (
.exefile) and macOS (
- Go to the XL Release download and double-click the installer executable.
- Follow the instructions in the install wizard.
- When the installation is complete, the installer displays the URL where you can access XL Release. The default is:
- Click OK to complete the install process and open XL Release in a browser.
- When prompted, copy and paste your license key into the license key field. Note: If you did not receive a trial license key to your specified email, check your spam folder. If the license key is not in your spam folder, revisit https://xebialabs.com/products/xl-release/trial/ and re-enter your details. If after re-entering your details you still do not have a trial license key, contact Support.
- Click Install license.
- Click Get started.
- In the Username field, enter
- In the Password field, enter the password you provided during the install process.
Note: For licensing information and how to upgrade to a enterprise license, see XL Release licensing.