The XL Release Remoting plugin is used to configure Unix and Windows hosts in XL Release, so that other plugins can execute commands on and transfer files to those hosts. For example, the XL Release Ansible, Kubernetes, and Docker Compose plugins all leverage the Remoting plugin.
The Remoting plugin:
- Supports SSH for connectivity to Unix, Microsoft Windows, and z/OS hosts.
- Supports CIFS, Telnet, and WinRM for connectivity to Windows hosts.
- Allow SSH jumpstations and HTTP proxies to be used to access hosts to which a direct network connection is not possible (CIFS, Telnet and WinRM can be tunneled through an SSH jumpstation as well).
- Implements all connection methods internally in XL Deploy or XL Release, so no external dependencies are required (an exception is the
WINRM_NATIVEconnection type, which uses the Windows
To set up a host in XL Release:
- In the top navigation bar, click Settings.
- Click Shared configuration.
- Locate Unix Host or Windows Host, and click .
- In the Title field, enter a name for the host.
- In the Address and Port fields, enter the IP address and port of the host.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter the server log-in user ID and password.
- In the Private Key File and Passphrase fields, enter the private key and passphrase to use for authentication (supported for SSH hosts only).
- In the SUDO Username fields, enter the user name to use for SUDO operations.
- In the SU Username and SU Password fields, enter the user name and password to use for SU operations.
- From the Connection Type list, select the type of connection to create.
- Click Save to save the host.