Triggers allow you to set the conditions for an event to create an action, such as a release task. They can be created in the Triggers management page, or from the release template show drop-down menu.
The Triggers management page lets you view and manage triggers associated with your release templates. When you create a trigger for a release template and enable it, Release will execute the script associated with the trigger at a specified interval.
You can use the Triggers management page to:
- Remove or modify triggers
- See all triggers in one UI which provides an entry point to manage them
- See the most active and widely-used triggers
- Use filters to find triggers by title, type, folder and template
- View releases created by a trigger
- Enable or disable triggers
For more details, see creating release triggers.
Note: From Release version 9.6, triggers were decoupled from release templates. This has caused some changes to your configurations. For instance, if you have any configurations in YAML as-code which use triggers, they should be updated with new syntax. Furthermore, global triggers - those without a folder - can no longer be exported as YAML. For an example, see Webhook and reactive trigger YAML example.