In Release 8.5.0, you can reserve environments on a calendar. This feature is used to prevent resource conflicts, where multiple releases require the same environment.
You can also configure Release to fail your release if a resource conflict occurs. For more information, see Using environment availability.
To associate an application with an environment, see Using applications
This screen shows environment reservations per environment. Each block represents a reservation. You can create, edit, or delete a reservation.
Edit environment reservation permission is required to access, make a schedule, or reserve an environment.
- In the top navigation bar, click Scheduling.
- Click New.
- Select the environment you want to reserve.
- Optionally, add the applications that you want to deploy on the chosen environment. Note: Applications must be associated with an environment before you make a reservation. For information on how to add applications and to associate them with an environment, see Using applications.
- Choose a start date for the reservation.
- Choose an end date for the reservation.
- Optionally, add a note on the reservation.
- Click Reserve.