Generate the release audit report
You can generate an audit report for all the releases executed through XL Release, detailing full traceability and auditability to deliver to the auditors. You can generate an audit report for all of the releases that are in progress, completed, or archived. For more details about the structure of the audit report, see Release audit report.
To generate an audit report for a release:
- In the top bar, click Releases.
- Open a release and select Release flow from the Show menu.
- On the right side, click the Export drop-down.
- Select Release audit report (Excel) and save the file on your machine.
You can generate a zip package that contains multiple audit reports. The package contains one audit report (Excel file) for each release.
To generate the audit report for multiple release:
- In the top bar, go to Reports.
- Click the Release audit report tab.
- Click Filter report data.
- Under Filter report data on the right, select the time period for the releases.
- Add or remove filters from the list.
- Click Preview results to view a list of release audit reports that match the criteria you provided.
Click Generate report. When the report is finished you will receive an email with a link to download the report.
- Note While reports are in the process of being generated, the Generated reports list will also show the progress of the reports.
Note: You can generate a maximum number of two reports at the same time.
You can filter the releases that you want to be part of the audit report
Under Filter report data, click Add filter and select one of the available filter criteria:
- Parent folder
- Release tags
- Release title
- Change number
To remove a filter, click delete.
A generic API endpoint allows you to generate an audit report. This endpoint is
The API uses the following parameters:
||Synthetic type of the release port; for example,
||Full identifier of the attachment; for example,
In addition, public APIs are available, enabling you to contribute data to the Release Audit Report when using certain custom or community plugins (integrations). This is limited to the tools in the area of:
- Plan (e.g. Jira, ServiceNow, Rally, etc.)
- Build (Jenkins, Circle CI, etc.)
- Security & Compliance (Sonar, Fortify, Sonatype, Blackduck, etc.),
- ITSM (ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, etc.)
- Deployments (XL Deploy, Ansible, uDeploy, etc.)
For more information, see task reporting records.