View satellite summary information
The satellite summary screen displays a set of basic information about the satellite, the state of the satellite, and a list of infrastructure items connected to the satellite. For more information about using satellites, see Getting started with the satellite module.
To view the summary screen of a satellite, expand Infrastructure in the left pane and double-click a satellite.
The summary screen displays the satellite name, the connection status of the satellite, the version, and the list of plugins.
- To view all the satellites in the system, click Satellites.
- To synchronize the plugins, click Sync plugins. For more information, see Synchronize plugins with a satellite server.
- To check the connection status of a plugin, click Ping. For more information, see Ping a satellite from Deploy.
- To restart the satellite, click Restart. For more information, see Satellite restart process.
- To modify the satellite name, address, port or other properties, click Edit properties.
You can view the deployment tasks for this satellite and use various filters to view specific tasks:
- Search tasks by package or environment.
- Filter tasks by selecting the type.
- Filter tasks by the their state.
- Filter tasks by specifying the task ID.
To hide the filter section on the page, click Hide filters.
The summary screen displays a list of all the hosts linked to the satellite.
You can use the search to find a specific host in the list.
To edit the properties of a host from the list, click the host. A new tab opens with the host properties. For more information, see Assign satellites to a host.