In Release 8.6.1 and later it is possible to create system messages which are displayed under the menu bar. This can be useful in several scenarios, including:
- When there is a maintenance window planned.
- If you want to share system messages with all your users.
This message is only configurable by users with admin permission in Release.
To configure this message:
- Click the cog icon at the top right of the screen and select Configure system message.
- Select Enable system message to turn on the message for all users.
- Add a message, including formatting in the editor if needed.
- Click Save. The message will now be visible for any users.
You can also schedule messages to run for a period of time. To do this, in the System message window:
- Select Automatically enable/disable system message.
- The Start date/End date fields will become visible.
- Select Set date for the start and end, and set a date and time to begin and end the message visibility.
- Save the message. It will now be visible for the time period defined.