This topic describes how to install a trial version of Deploy.
Important: Before installing Deploy as a trial, ensure that your system meets the minimum server, network, and hard disk requirements. For more information, see Requirements for installing Deploy
- Go to https://xebialabs.com/products/deploy/trial/.
- Enter your details and click Go!. Note: A trial license key will be sent to your specified email address.
- Click Server Download.
- Log in to the computer where you want to install Deploy.
- Create an installation directory such as
- Copy the Deploy server archive to the directory.
- Extract the archive in the directory.
Note: We recommended to install the Deploy server as a non-root user such as
Run the server setup wizard on a Microsoft Windows or Unix-based host. You can stop the setup wizard at any time, enter
exitsetup. All changes to the configuration will be discarded.
To install the Deploy server:
Go to a command line or terminal window, and depending on your system, execute on of the following commands to start the setup wizard:
Operating system Command Microsoft Windows
The following message is displayed:
Do you want to use the simple setup? Default values are used for all properties. To make changes to the default properties, please answer no. Options are yes or no. [yes]:
yes, or press enter, to install Deploy with a default configuration. Using this method, Deploy will be installed with the following settings:
- SSL will be disabled
- HTTP bind address is 0.0.0.0
- HTTP port is 4516
- Context root is /
- The server will use a minimum of 30 and a maximum of 150 threads.
- Applications can be imported from the
- At the “Provide a password” for the
adminuser prompt, provide a password for the
adminuser. Choose a password with a minimum of 6 characters. Note: The
adminuser has all permissions and is used to connect to the Deploy repository.
At the “Generate an encryption key” prompt, you can optionally choose to generate a password encryption key to protect passwords that you store in the repository. Important: If you want to start Deploy as a service on system boot, do not add a password to the password encryption key. Adding a password to the encryption key prevents automated start. Note: If you do not want to provide a password, press enter twice.
yesto generate a new key. This will create an encryption key in
XL_DEPLOY_SERVER_HOME/conf/repository-keystore.jceks. Deploy will use this key to encrypt and decrypt all password properties. This will also be used for encrypted entries in dictionaries and passwords that are set in the
XL_DEPLOY_SERVER_HOME/conf/deployit.conffile. Note: You can also provide a password to secure the key. You will be required to enter this password when Deploy starts, either: Interactively via a prompt, Non-interactively via a command-line parameter, or non-interactively via a configuration file.
noto use the built-in Deploy encryption key, or to use a key that you have previously generated.
At the “Set up completed” prompt:
yesto finish the setup process. The setup wizard will start Deploy and show the URL where you can access it, for example,
noto exit setup.
Install the trial license key and log in. Note: If you did not receive a trial license key to your specified email, check your spam folder. If the license key is not in your spam folder, revisit https://xebialabs.com/products/deploy/trial/ and reenter your details. If after reentering your details you still do not have a trial license key, contact support.
- Copy the license key from the email.
- Paste the license key into the License field.
- Click Install license. A message displays indicating the end date for the 30-day license.
- Click Get started.
- Log in with the username admin and the password that you provided during the setup process.
For information on starting Deploy in the future, see Start Deploy.